Thursday, November 15, 2012

Honeybee Health: Healthy Meatloaf Cupcakes

After "pinning" several healthy meatloaf recipes, i've finally found two that were a hit! I LOVE when the ingredients are things I already have in my kitchen and this first recipe was just that!

Ingredients:
1 package ground turkey (I used 93% lean)
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp ketchup
1 egg
1/2 onion
Salt and pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire

Directions:
Spray your muffin tins with non stick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine your turkey, oats, onion, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup and salt. Divide it in your muffin tins (I made 6 large meatloaf muffins). In a cup mix the remaining 2 tbsp ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread it on top of each meatloaf muffin. Pop them in the oven at 350 for 40 mins. Its that easy and they were seriously delish!!!

Top with a scoop of mashed potatoes and serve! The majority of the recipe can be found here. I just made a few tweaks to that recipe to make it the way I wanted. 

My husband is a HUGE BBQ sauce fan so I made this Healthy Honey BBQ meatloaf recipe last week. I prefer the more traditional ketchup style meatloaf but if you are Honey BBQ fan you can try this healthy recipe HERE.

25 comments:

  1. Those meatloaf cupcakes look delicious...and I don't even like meatloaf!!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! What a superb idea to cook them in muffin tins!! Love that!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "cupcakes" look so cute! I will have to pin this and give it a try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pin away! Im sure they will be a hit! xo

      Delete
  5. These look amazing! I'm going to make them for dinner this week. I can already tell the BF is going to love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea! Mini meatloafs...perfect for our kids (2 1/2 & 4).

    -Brittany of @suburbchicblog
    http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make turkey meatloaf in a muffin tin too, and my husband loves it! It's his favorite thing, and he has no idea it's not beef.

    xo Emily
    www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the best when we can trick our husbands into eating healthy! ;)

      Delete
  8. Looks delish, lady! It's always so inspiring to go through pinterest! ;)

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are WAY to many good recipes on there!

      Delete
  9. Mm...love meatloaf and this looks delish!

    Come check out my new online store- tons of cute little trinkets! INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING too!

    http://dashysassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great idea! Definitely going to try that!

    Bethanie
    ourgrinsandgiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these cuties on IG and almost died! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love...they were so easy and yummy!

      Delete
  12. I made these last week, they were really great! I followed SarahFit's recipe and she used a lot of spices. The flavor was really good! Here's the link to her recipe if you want to take a look. She has a video too! I just discovered her last week and got super excited. ^_^ http://sarahfit.com/healthy-turkey-meatloaf-video-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks for the link ill have to check her out!! xo

      Delete
  13. I made the Honey BBQ meatloaf and it was great! I subbed in oats, and it was super moist and tasty. My husband is definitely a BBQ fiend, so he went crazy for it! I wanted to try the turkey recipe, but didn't have any on hand. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good right! My hubs is obsessed with BBQ think i may try the oats as well next time!

      Delete
  14. looks amazing all! Might try some tonight!
    xoxo
    Catita
    PS; come enter my giveaway $100 at shopbop!!
    http://catindreamland.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you def should! They are so easy and yummy!

      Delete
  15. these look so yummy and fun to eat! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Making these for my hubby tomorrow! Thanks for your great recipe ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blog design + development by fabulous k